Sunday, April 10, 2016

Malekula!

Well, Port Vila's mission office wasn't my final stop. Last Wednesday,
 I found out I was being transferred to Malekula, to replace an elder
 who had gotten sick. The adventure isn't over! Malekula is the second
 largest island in Vanuatu, and one of the more primitive ones, also,
 although it isn't as primitive as Tanna. My house has a washing
 machine and fans, now. But I still go to villages to teach. My
 companion is Elder Sate, from here in Vanuatu. He has five months
 left in his mission, and has everything down. I can only really follow
 him around at this point, because of how good he is at proselyting.

 My district leader is Elder Edwards, one of my MTC companions. The
 area that I work in is much bigger than my last area, and we walk a
 LOT, even though I've only been here one full day.
 The church is smaller here than on Tanna, and the missionaries are
 about it when it comes to priesthood, although there are enough to
 lead all the meetings. It sounds like I'll bee in a different branch
 every Sunday, because there are 3 or 4 in my area. I don't have much
 more to add, because its only been one day, but I'm still welcoming
 questions!

 Elder Van Wagenen

No comments:

Post a Comment