Sunday, January 31, 2016

Still here

Yes, there was a problem with the airport, and Elder Christofferson was not able to come, so the entire trip to Port Vila was cancelled.  Other than that, there hasn't been any real change from before, in how everything is going.  But I am an entirely different person than when I left, so I don't know if anyone will recognize me when I get home.  I've already done with more than an eighth of my mission!

In my new area, I'm walking.  But that's ok.  I often switch between big dirt roads and small jungle paths less than a foot wide, crossing small creeks, and trying not to fall in the stagnant water.  It's fun, though.  There are many investigators, and all are very interested in the Gospel.  I just hope I don't do anything wrong.  The work is piling up and I'm starting to feel some pressure, but strangely I'm not worried.

There is a lot of things I still have to get used to, and I need to find a better way to wash my clothes, and find a place to hang them.  If worse comes to worse, I can just take my dirty clothes to Port Vila when zone conference comes around.  But I'm not worried about that, either.

Love,

Elda Van (no one here can pronounce the rest of my last name)














No comments:

Post a Comment