Monday, December 28, 2015

Snail Mail Letter Dec 28, 2015

My Family:

This is the bombshell letter of insane news.

First, I have some surprising news, and some crazy news and I'm not sure which is which.

Elder Christofferson of the Quorum of the Twelve is coming to the Vanuatu Port Vila Mission at the end of January, about the time you get this letter (I hope).

Now for the other news, there has been some emergency in Port Vila, (I don't know what), and I am reopening a new area, Whitegrass, in Tanna.  At the same time, I'm training a new missionary (at the moment, all I know about him is he's American). I will begin both of these assignments next week, halfway through my second transfer (8 weeks into my mission).  Dad will know what that means.

My mission has suddenly taken a turn.  I'm nervous, really nervous, but I'm putting my full trust in my Father in Heaven, and I know that He needs me to do this, and also that He will help me and make it possible to do this. I now know a LOT of scripture references to show that, but I'll stick with 1 Nephi 3:7; 1 Nephi 17:3; 1 Nephi 17:50; D&C 5:34.

I have a lot of work to do.  I don't know what you can do from the other side of the world, but I'll be grateful for anything, especially prayers and support.

I love you.

Your missionary,
Elda Isaac Van Wagenen

No comments:

Post a Comment