Monday, December 14, 2015

Snail Mail letter Dec 14, 2015

My family:

I'm back in Tanna, and we're staying in Whitesands until Christmas, when we will fly to Port Vila for a Christmas party with the mission president.  I will be staying in a village in Whitesands, which is on the other side of the island from Lenekal, near the volcano, and far from any computer or internet source, which means two weeks of no emailing.  I was lucky enough to send this letter, I don't know if you'll hear from me until Christmas.  I should be able to call on Christmas, but I don't know when.  I might call on Christmas day here, or where you are, which means either the 24th or 25th your time, and it could be at any time on those days.  I'll try to call during the day in Arizona, but we'll see what happens.  You may even have to call me.  When I get to Port Vila I'll try to find out more, then I'll try to contact you before the call.  I really don't know how it will work in a 3rd world country on the other side of the world. I just hope it does work out.

Anyway, Whitesands is great! the area is beautiful, and the people are some of the nicest of a country of nice people.  My companion baptized 14 people here before I arrived (he's been in this area awhile).  I'm living in a hut, in a real village, and it feels surreal.  I'm getting pictures, and I'll send them when I can.

I love you all!

Elder Isaac Van Wagenen

No comments:

Post a Comment